Image Map

Sunday, August 23, 2015

DIY Geneva Pretzel Cookies

Hey! The loveliest Sophia did a guest post trade with me, and here is what she made! Thank you so much for your time and talent! I hope you guys enjoy. This looks absolutely delicious, pretzels are my favorite! xx
________________________________________________________________________________

Hello! 'Tis I, the frenchiest fry. (No, I did not come up with that line. I'm just not that cool)
But anyway, 'tis I, Sophia from Someplace in the Midst. Thanks so much to Alyssa for letting me come and post this awesome delicious recipe. And also, Alyssa did a lovely post on photography over on my blog that you should check out.

No joke, this is one of the best cookies I've made. It basically tastes like a chocolate cookie, but with the novelty of something new.
The story behind this recipe is that my brothers wanted to make cookies and I wanted to try something new, so I googled "the best cookie recipes in the world." This recipe popped up, but unfortunately we didn't have some of the ingredients so we just improvised. And they basically turned out epically awesome.

And I had never heard about Pepperidge Farm's Geneva cookies until today, but now I'm a firm believer.
They probably sell them at your local grocery store. But making them is a thousand times better and probably cheaper. Carry on.
DIY Geneva Pretzel Cookies
(adapted from this recipe - makes 18-20 cookies)

Ingredients:
1 stick of softened Butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
1/2 Tbsp White Vinegar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup of Flour

1 cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Pretzels, crushed to small pieces

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

2. Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and vinegar. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour, mixing just until blended.

3. Roll into 1" balls, flatten on cookie sheet to 1/4 inch thick. (the recipe this was adapted from has some great visuals if you are having a hard time picturing it.)

4 .  Bake for 17-20 minutes, cookies should be lightly browned and firm. Cool completely.

5. Microwave chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, continue until smooth.

6. Spread a dallop of chocolate on each cookie, immediately sprinkle with crushed pretzels. Store in airtight container, or just eat them all.

Let me know if you end up trying them!

xo,

Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment